Coverage for this limited warranty is provided for Eagle View Windows vinyl windows and doors installed in the United States of America. Subject to the terms, conditions, and limitations set forth herein, EVW warrants its vinyl windows and doors, after proper installation and under normal use and service, to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 20 years from the date of installation. Note: the warranty period for builders starts on the earlier of the closing date or one year after the installation. This warranty may be transferred by a builder to the party that purchases the property in which the products are installed. However, the warranty may not be assigned or transferred to subsequent buyers.
EVW’s obligation under the Limited 20 Year Warranty is limited to repairing or replacing, at its option, any window or door that is defective in materials or workmanship during the applicable warranty period. Notwithstanding the foregoing, EVW, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to refund the amount paid by the original purchaser for the defective product. EVW will only cover labor charges to repair or replace defective product for the first (1) one year from installation date. IN NO EVENT SHALL EVW BE LIABLE FOR LABOR CHARGES OR OTHER EXPENSES IN CONNECTION WITH REMOVAL OR INSTALLATION OF EITHER THE ORIGINAL OR REPLACEMENT PRODUCT AFTER THE FIRST ONE-YEAR PERIOD.
Glass: Insulated glass units (“IG’s”) are warranted against defects when an IG, as manufactured by EVW, has directly caused a significant impairment of vision, upon proper notice given within twenty (20) years of manufacture.
Colored Frames: Colored frames are warranted against manufacturing defects resulting in peeling, blistering, flaking, checking, crazing, rotting or corroding, under normal use and service conditions, for a period of twenty (20) years from the date of manufacture.
Screens: Screens provided with EVW products are warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of manufacture.
Gas: For products labeled to contain argon gas, EVW makes no warranty with respect to the dissipation of argon gas or the amount contained therein at any time after manufacture.
Hardware: Loss of functionality of hardware in corrosive environments, which include any dwelling located within two miles of salt water, and any dwelling located in Hawaii or the Caribbean Islands, are excluded from any warranty coverage. For a period of one year from the date of purchase, EVW shall offer replacement for stainless steel hardware, include in original product manufacture, which loses functionality in a corrosive environment.
EVW reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its products. If EVW replaces a product under this warranty, it may substitute products designated by EVW to be of comparable quality if the originally installed product has been discontinued or modified.
Exclusions: EVW shall have no obligation to respond to any condition which involves:
- An application, configuration, installation, or condition that exceeds the capacity of the product design or configuration; violates any applicable Code; installation in inappropriate openings or sources of undue stress, pressure, water, heat, or cold.
- Installation that is not in conformance with EVW’s or AAMA Installation Masters’ recommended installation procedures and applicable good building practices; mishandling of product; defects or limitations in building design, construction, or nature of construction components.
- Normal wear-and-tear, aging, weathering, corrosion; interior moisture or condensation; glass breakage or stress cracks; all other conditions and causes beyond the control of EVW. Glass blemishes, scratches, or other imperfections allowable for standard B grade glass under ASTM C1036 or C1048.
- Lack of product maintenance, misuse, neglect, abuse, failure to address condensation, or maintain sealants, caulks, trim, or flashings that surround or impact the performance of the product(s).
- Alterations and/or modifications of the unit or components, including but not limited to, by reinstallation, application of tints and/or films, caulk and paint finishes, and installation of security systems or window coverings.
- Damage to window components caused by the use of harsh chemicals including, but not limited to, brick wash, acids, salts, abrasive cleaners, or solvents.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ABOVE LIMITED 20 YEAR WARRANTY IS MADE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL EVW BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR REAL OR PERSONAL PROPERTY DAMAGE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGE TO ANY BUILDINGS, THEIR CONTENTS OR ANY PERSON THEREIN, RESULTING FROM BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE IMPOSED BY LAW ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESSED WARRANTY.
THE WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL NOT COVER ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS: DEFECTS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY FAILURE TO PROPERLY STORE AND INSTALL PRODUCTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH PRODUCT APPROVAL GUIDELINES; DAMAGE TO THE PRODUCT CAUSED BY VANDALISM, FIRE, FLOOD, ACTS OF GOD OR BY ANY OTHER CASUALTY; ANY MODIFICATION OR ALTERATION TO THE PRODUCT; DAMAGE TO THE PRODUCT CAUSED BY PRESSURE WASHING; DAMAGE CAUSED BY SETTLEMENT OR MOVEMENT OF THE STRUCTURE IN WHICH THE WINDOWS AND DOORS ARE INSTALLED; DEFECTS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE EFFECTS OF AIR POLLUTION, SALT SPRAY OR EXPOSURE TO HARMFUL CHEMICALS; DEFECTS IN SCREENS THAT OCCUR MORE THAN TWELVE (12) MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF INSTALLATION.
NO FIELD REPRESENTATIVE, DISTRIBUTOR, CONTRACTOR, INSTALLER OR DEALER OF EVW PRODUCTS IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY CHANGE OR MODIFICATION TO THE WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON, OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
To initiate a claim under this warranty, contact:
Eagle View Windows, Inc.